.In the previous article we talked about the ways to increase testosterone, today we are going to talk about the positive effects and how to increase the natural production of the hormone.
Testosterone is a hormone that plays a crucial role for muscle development, we will also talk about how we can keep it at optimal levels to have maximum results with this hormone.
What is testosterone and how is it improved:
Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group and is highly anabolic. It should be noted is the one that predominates in the male gender and its capacity on muscle mass is really important. It promotes protein biosynthesis and the growth of tissues with androgen receptors, the effects of testosterone can be classified as virilizing and anabolic. The main synthesis of testosterone is made possible from cholesterol and has space mainly in the Leydig cells of the testis.
What positive effects does testosterone have for training?
Improves muscle growth since it is the most anabolic hormone that exists. This determines the amount of muscle that can be built. High levels will provide superior muscle quality and easier to generate hypertrophy, which is what interests us who go to the gym. This hormone testosterone intervenes directly on the muscle strength that we are going to have at the time of training. Maintaining high levels will help us face training with optimal intensity and strength to make the muscles withstand the different workloads to which we put the muscles involved in training.
We must also bear in mind that optimal levels will help us to recover before, during and after training, as it will help us to stimulate the fibers to grow and recover before oxidative stress, maintaining balance with cortisol, the catabolic hormone that supposes subjecting them to the resistance of loads.
A curious fact about a study conducted by the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, found that fluctuations in testosterone within the normal physiological range had significant effects on the percentage of body fat.
The higher they were the levels of testosterone, the more quality lean muscle mass is obtained. And conversely, the lower the testosterone levels, the fatter the amount of muscle gained. When the researchers lowered testosterone levels, certain subjects experienced a dramatic 36% increase in fat mass.
How to increase natural testosterone production 5 easy to apply techniques:
1. Consume more Zinc. Zinc a mineral that converts estrogen into testosterone. It also helps produce healthier quality sperm with a higher sperm count. Low levels of zinc deficiency cause low levels of testosterone.
2. Eat more healthy fats. You can naturally raise your testosterone levels by adding more healthy fats. By eating more nuts such as nuts and seeds, fatty fish such as salmon, trout, tuna and sardines, avocados, olive oils, flax, flaxseed, raw vegetables and natural peanut butter. The fat intake should never exceed more than 30% of the total calories in a balanced diet.
3. Eliminates body fat. The higher your body fat percentage, the higher your estrogen levels. Because body fat contains an enzyme called aromatase, which converts it to ‘female’ estrogen, causing your levels to drop.
4. Try to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Our levels are 30% higher in the early morning than in the evening. This is the reason why you can feel more sexually active in the first hours of the morning. The better you sleep, the greater the amount of this hormone that your body will produce while you are asleep. If you have trouble getting quality sleep you can try melatonin. A very suitable supplement to improve the quality of sleep. So if you get those 7 to 8 hours of good quality sleep that helps you increase and produce testosterone naturally.
High testosterone levels = optimal health.
5. Supplement between 1000 to 2000mg with Vitamin C a day. Vitamin C has been shown to lower cortisol levels. Thus allowing your body to produce more amounts naturally and quickly, and like zinc. Vitamin C reduces the aromatase enzyme that converts your testosterone to estrogen. The female hormone that in excess in men produces body fat storage among many other disadvantages.
You can try doing some of these five tips that will surely help you improve quality. Thus, enhance training and obtain quality muscle mass.